family

family

Friday, June 1, 2012

young

So I went to the dentist this morning. Unfortunately, I do have a cavity (first one in probably 15 years though), but that's not my point.

I was talking with the dentist after the exam, and she was referring me to someone else. She mentioned that my insurance might not cover the appointment, so I should check to make sure before scheduling it and having to pay a bunch out of pocket. (I have another story about that for another day.) Then she told me that if it's not covered, I should talk to my parents to see what other options I might have. I was a little confused at that point. I told her that I'm on my husband's insurance as a dependant, and she was totally shocked to realize that I'm 26 and married. She told me I look 18, so she just assumed I was still on my parents' insurance.

I've gotten to the point that I can laugh about it whenever this happens. I've been told it will happen sooner or later, but I just wonder...when will I finally take it as a compliment?

4 comments:

  1. I used to get similar comments all the time! But for some reason I don't anymore?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha. Enjoy it while you can. I used to have people say the same, but kids will tire you (and therefore age you) pretty fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It starts being a compliment in a year or two. Or whenever you can call yourself "doctor." Whichever comes first. Used to hate it; now I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After 30. People always thought was older than I actually was until I hit about 26, then everyone thought I was much younger. Once I was over thirty and people actually asked for proof, I really loved it.

    ReplyDelete