family

family

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

octopus

Yesterday, I did something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

When I finished my p chem final, I still had about 15 minutes of the allotted time left. I went back through and checked all my work, making minor corrections here and there. When I was done with that, I still had about 5-10 minutes.

So I flipped to the blank page after the last problem and drew an octopus.

This is not the original (obviously...I turned it in with the exam).
I re-created it at home for your viewing pleasure.

In case you can't read it, it says "I drew an octopus for you. Happy grading!" Now, I'm clearly not a great artist, but this made me really happy. Unfortunately, I realized after turning it in that the grader might not even see it since my work was complete on the previous pages (so he might not flip the page). Before leaving, I saw that he was flipping through one of the exams and stage-whispered "Did you see it?" Somehow I managed to convey that he should flip to one of the last pages of my exam. When he did, he looked up at me and laughed. And really, I guess that's why I did it. I was hoping to make his day of grading just a little bit happier.

Incidentally, I did quite well on that final in spite of only studying for 2 hours. (Or less? I'm not even sure.)

3 comments: