family

family

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

a lovely garden

Anyone remember that song from Primary (I don't think it's in the Children's Songbook), "I Have a Garden?" My brothers ruined it for me a long time ago - I can't remember the words they made up, but it was something awful that boys would think is funny. Anyway, I thought of that song (the real one) as I was looking at the pictures I took of our garden. :) Enjoy!

These ones are from a week or two ago:

The whole garden - about a 2'x6' plot.

Garlic and red onions on the left, red (spicy) and sweet banana peppers on the right.

We're very proud of our little honeysuckle vine. :)

Rose of Sharon and more garlic and onions.

Happy little ice plant!

These ones are from a few days ago (it's been raining a lot):

The ice plant is spreading pretty well. :)

LOVE these flowers! We intentionally got the pink/red/orange ones.

We also have dahlias sprouting up here and there, but I don't have pictures of any of them. (It was an experiment - we just sprinkled seeds wherever there was room left over.) I'll take more when they start getting flowers. The Rose of Sharon has also grown a lot recently, but I was too excited about the ice plant to take pictures of anything else. :) (Brian was excited too - he called me a few days ago and said, "Guess how many flowers we have blooming right now!!" I believe the answer was 12.)

Oh, yeah. We planted a grapes and blueberries on this tiny strip of dirt next to the fence on the other side. They're kind of sad for now, but if anything happens I'll take pictures and post them.

4 comments:

  1. Scott still makes up new words to songs, the most disturbing to date is a song about how we made Nick to the tune of clifford the big red dog theam song. Your plants/garden look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ice plants! Someday I'll plant some but for now I'll enjoy yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I'm terrible at gardening, you've had much more success than I have. What fun. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So inspiring! I am jealous. What a lovely little garden!

    ReplyDelete