family

family

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cleveland

In mid-April, we met the Wessmans (Brian's sister/family) in Cleveland because the National Collegiate Women's Gymnastics Championships were being held there. Mike and Marinda are really into the University of Utah gymnastics, and the team made it to nationals, so it was a good excuse to get together. I love watching gymnastics too, so I was excited to be able to see a meet in person. We went to the semifinals on Friday night, and Utah made it to the finals, so we all went again on Saturday night.

The Wessmans rented a house for the weekend instead of having to get a bunch of hotel rooms which was pretty cool. On Saturday morning, we headed out to Kirtland for a while to see some of the sites. Brian had never taken the temple tour or the tour of the historic sites, and he was almost giddy when he realized we could go inside the Whitney store and some of the other buildings. But enough talking...here are some pictures:

Brian outside the Kirtland temple. It rained a lot that day.

The Newel K. Whitney store in Kirtland. I know pictures are generally more interesting with people in them (at least the ones I take), but I couldn't resist taking this because the light was really cool.

Abby showing me the "pretty leaf" she found at historic Kirtland. I thought it was cute.

Briton at the gymnastics meet. He's such a cute little guy.

Brian and me at the house we stayed at for the weekend.

I'm realizing now that I didn't take any pictures of Mike and Marinda or Hannah. Meh.

1 comment: