family

family

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Our garden!

Some special things happened this week.
  • Amy and I both got ourselves anniversary gifts- Amy got a sewing machine and I got an ipad. The ipad is my first Apple product I've ever owned and I am far from a convert, but it will hopefully be helpful for some things at school. I'm also way excited that Amy got a sewing machine cause she's already promised me a man's apron.
  • We landscaped our 2'x6' backyard garden area. Seeing as our anniversary falls on Earth Day, we saw it as an appropriate activity. We planted some vegetables and flower seeds, but my favorites were the big stuff. We got a small Rose of Sharon bush which I will likely train into a small ornamental tree. We also planted a honeysuckle vine... which I will probably also train into a tree... if we stay here long enough. We also have some ice plant underneath that will hopefully spread into a nice ground cover.
Pictures will come later... maybe.

1 comment:

  1. I want pictures! don't you have an iphone? pictures on facebook would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete