family

family

Saturday, March 31, 2012

How to be happy

So the other night, at a time of unusual leisure, I asked Amy what she wanted to do. She replied with an apathetic "I dunno." I asked her what would make her happy and once again she repeated "I don't know."

I proceeded to ask what would not make her happy, to which she freely gave the following answers:

Get eaten by a dog
Do a handstand
Throw up
Get lit on fire
Get stuffed in the refrigerator

I theorized that, and logic confirms, if doing these things would not make Amy happy, then doing the opposite of these things would make her happy, so I offered her the following suggestions:
Eat a dog
Do a footstand
Throw down
Get lit on … ice?
"Come out" of the refrigerator
Because of time and resource constraints, we were only able to accomplish three of the things on the list, but as expected, it did make her happy.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so now you have us all curious. What three?
    We are guessing it was footstand, thorwdown, and how does a Mormon get lit on ice and still maintain a temple recommend?

    ReplyDelete