family

family

Sunday, March 18, 2012

save me


...from myself. I made cinnamon rolls even though I knew I shouldn't. They may not look that pretty, but they smell incredible. The recipe I use is called "The Cinnabon Rolls." Last time I made them, Brian agreed that they were about as good as Cinnabon's. Yum!

Fortunately, I haven't succumbed to the temptation to eat any yet. That may be because it's 11:30 PM and I'm still extremely full from dinner. We had friends over and made BBQ pulled pork, sweet potato fries, and artichoke dip. Our friends (2 separate families, a total of 4 adults and 3 kids) brought baked beans, homemade macaroni and cheese, and a delicious dessert bread.

For those of you who don't know, Brian "finished" our basement - covered the walls and ceiling and put down carpet - basically so that we could have large groups of people over for dinner/parties. The largest group we've had so far is 14, including ourselves (2 of those were kids, but that's still a big group). Every time Brian suggests that we have people over - which happens every week now - I have this urge to resist because I think of how much work it will be to prepare all the food and everything. We've had potlucks every time, so that takes some of the stress off of us, but we always provide the main part of the meal (thus far, grilled chicken the first two weeks and rice and chicken gravy for Hawaiian haystacks the third week). The funny thing is, once we've actually invited everyone over, I get really excited about cooking and usually end up overdoing it on the food prep (as in, I make more than we originally planned on providing). I suppose that's not a bad thing, it's just funny that I resist even though I know from experience that I'm going to enjoy the cooking and the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment