family

family

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

security

Yesterday, I had a freak-out moment after work. I was looking for my keys before leaving but couldn't find them anywhere. After frantically searching the store for a bit, I decided to head out to the parking garage and see if I had dropped them on my way in. No sight of them inside or outside the car, so I walked back to Yagoot to get the number for Easton Security. (I also called/texted Brian several times to see if he could come so I could use his key to drive home. His phone has been stupid lately and decided not to ring or light up or anything, even though I called like 4 times.) I explained my situation to Security, and they ended up sending an officer to help me unlock the car. She picked me up near Yagoot and drove me over to the parking garage, where she opened my car for me.

Some of the officers drive the funny little smart cars, which is what I got to ride in.

As it turned out, I had dropped them between the passenger seat and the console (which was a huge relief, since I didn't immediately see them when the car was first opened). Thank goodness for Easton Security! Pretty sure if I ever plan on locking my keys in the car again, I'll have to make sure to do it at Easton (especially because I don't have AAA anymore).

I'd like to say that's the first time I've ever ridden in a cop car, but I suppose that would be lying. Because it wasn't actually a cop car. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Phew! Glad everything worked out. I've never locked myself out of my car (I don't think, I guess I should be careful saying that, I like to try to forget those sorts of things) but I did manage to lock myself out of the house last summer right after emptying the car of groceries. Thankfully both munchkins were outside with me. That could have been a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to do it at Easton than on campus. I locked my keys in the car at a metered spot on a Monday morning when I was already running late. The person I spoke to when I called campus parking thought it was funny to tell me that they don't provide such service as breaking into cars, then laughed. I reminded him that it was a Monday morning so his attempts at humor were beyond me. He sent someone out but it took a long time. Apparently lots of students lock their keys in their cars.

    ReplyDelete