family

family

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

goodies

I'm not sure why, but last week I had this overwhelming need to bake. I was looking through some of our cook books for dinner ideas (meal planning is not my favorite) but ended up turning to desserts. Seeing Mom's recipe for lemon squares (her mom's recipe) set off my cravings. Then I noticed a peanut butter brownie recipe right above that on the page and couldn't resist. I also knew we had some apples that were pretty bruised, and I didn't want to give them to Brian in his lunch...so I decided on apple crisp too.

I made the lemon squares on Saturday, brownies on Sunday, and apple crisp on Monday. On Sunday, we decided to make friends by delivering some of the goodies to neighbors. We hadn't met the Stansburys and thought that was a good way to do it. We also made up "plates" - I had forgotten to get paper plates, so we improvised with tin foil - for the Beans and Patrick and BreAnne (they took us under their wings when we first rolled into town and had no place to stay and no food). It was so fun to see the Beans again! They had their baby a few weeks ago, and we just visited for a little while. The best part was that they had made cinnamon rolls for General Conference and told us it was perfect timing for us to stop by since they didn't have our address and wouldn't have been able to trade goodies with us otherwise. Not only that, but their neighbors knocked while we were there and handed them a plate of chocolate flan. Boy, was that good!

Needless to say, I should probably go running now. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Your last post answered my question about this one. I wondered where oh where is this glorious place where neighbors stop by and casually drop off chocolate flan? I need to move there! (Our neighbors avert their eyes and grunt in response to our persistently cheerful overtures.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the Stansburys too. I don't know if Pete would remember me--we've only talked a few times. Does he know Jamie Pacini Carrier?

    ReplyDelete