family

family

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween FAQ


Q: Where did you get that?
A: We bought the adult costumes and made the ones for the girls.

Q: You made that (Slimer)?
A: Yes, that's what I just said.

Q: What's it made of?
A: Various kinds of foam. The base is an egg crate mattress topper, and then we added foam pipe insulators and some layers of expanding spray foam. Expanding spray foam is Brian's new favorite toy...umm, I mean tool.

Q: Can I touch it?
A: No, this is a blog.

Q: Where did you get the idea?
A: The wonderful world wide web. :) This lady basically provided a supplies list and tutorial, and we stole her idea and modified it.

Q: You guys always have the most awesome costumes.
A: Thanks, but that's not a question.

Q: You made Elise's costume too?
A: Yes, I (Amy) sewed it (without a pattern, I'm not brave enough to try those yet). Don't look too closely, but I'm pretty proud of the result and I learned several sewing-related skills in the process. It was a fun project (albeit a little frustrating at times).

2 comments: