family

family

Thursday, October 6, 2011

oops

I unwittingly let a wasp (or similar insect) free on the bus today.

While I was waiting at the bus stop, I saw it snooping in my tote bag, probably around the tupperware from my chicken enchiladas. (There was one hovering around me while I ate lunch outside, so it didn't really surprise me.) I had a while to wait, so I pulled out my chem book to catch up on a little reading. I didn't notice, but it must have stayed in my bag. Soon after sitting down on the bus, I noticed that the man next to me was staring intently - first at me, then at the window, and finally the ceiling. I followed his gaze and discovered the offending bug. I had registered some movement near my bag when it flew out, but it wasn't enough to make me stop and wonder what it was. Anyway, my seat mate seemed pretty anxious about it but didn't say anything. Eventually, it flew to another section of the bus. I figured it would find some way out, and I think it did finally follow someone out the door.

No harm done, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment