family

family

Friday, November 21, 2014

words

I can tell Elise is growing up because she's talking more and more every day. Much of what she says is unintelligible, although she seems to know exactly what she's saying. :) She frequently comes up to me and starts babbling conversations. I usually respond by nodding or saying, "oh, yeah?" or similar things.

Off the top of my head, Elise has at least 19 spoken words we understand (whether or not they sound like the actual word) and another 5 words or phrases in sign.

Spoken: uh-oh, yeah, daddy, mama, dog, cat, up, hot, hat, sock, shoe, sit (sounds like a certain 4-letter word, if you know what I mean...), go, cracker (one of her favorites), water, cheese, Jesus, keys, stuck
Signs: more, please, thank you, all done, milk

No comments:

Post a Comment