family

family

Saturday, February 1, 2014

overheard

*Note: Elise doesn't really have a "vocabulary" and most likely didn't know what she was saying. We thought it was hilariously cute though.

Brian: Should I go for a run?
Elise: Yeah.
Brian: Should I take Elise with me?
Elise (excitedly flapping her arms): Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

*****
While we lived at Cresta Bella (temporary housing), I went to the office at one point to ask how much it would cost to rent out the clubhouse for a football party. I don't remember how much it was, but it was some crazy amount - maybe $300, including a $200 deposit or something. We decided that option was out.

A week or so later, I went and used the business center in the clubhouse. I printed a few pages and looked for a place to pay for them but couldn't find one. I went back the next day to ask about how to pay, and I talked to the same guy who had told me about renting the place out. When I asked him, he looked like he was confused or I was crazy. He told me, "You don't have to pay for the printed pages. That's part of what we provide here at Cresta Bella."

*****
When we found the place we're currently renting, we had to apply and pay an application fee ($40 per adult). I was excited to find out that we'd been approved. Brian's response? "Of course we are! We gave them money in order to ask permission to give them more money."

No comments:

Post a Comment