family

family

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

_________ fries

I bought some sweet potatoes a little while back and decided to make sweet potato fries the other day. However, when I started cutting them into fries, I found that the flesh was not the orange color I'm used to. It was sort of an off-white color. I could have sworn I had bought sweet potatoes, and having no idea what they actually were, I made the fries anyway.

They ended up being pretty tasty. These are the names we came up with for them:
  • may-or-may-not-be-sweet-potato fries
  • I-can't-believe-they're-not-sweet-potato fries
  • I-have-no-idea-what-they-are-but-they're-certainly-not-sweet-potato fries
(After doing a brief internet search just now, it appears that there may be varieties of sweet potatoes that don't have the orange flesh. Since I got them at the ethnic grocery store, I guess I'm not surprised.)

No comments:

Post a Comment