family

family

Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Have Become THAT Woman

I couldn't believe the words I heard myself say this morning.

I went up to Rancho Bernardo to drop off our security deposit (that's a story for another post), and the two people helping me at the property management company got me talking about kid-related things. Of course they thought Elise was adorable. :) Anyway, the guy (Jay) mentioned that they don't have a lot of people bring their kids in, but one time he was afraid a lady was going to have her baby right there. She was due that week and they had come in to sign their lease, but she had to stop and sit down because of contractions. Jay said he was freaking out and asked if he could get her anything - water, a chair, etc. At that point, something from my birthing class came back to me, and it slipped out my mouth before I could filter it.

I said something like this:

"You know, water is a good thing in that situation. The uterus is a muscle, so if it's dehydrated, it can become stressed and start contracting..."

Can you say awkward? Yup, that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment