family

family

Monday, July 23, 2012

overheard

I've been helping in Sunbeams (the 3-year-old class at church) for a few weeks here and there. This interaction made me giggle.

*at the end of class, the kids were coloring and eating small snacks*
P (3-year-old): I need 4 more animal crackers.
E (substitute teacher and mother of one of the children): Everyone can have 2 more or none at all.
P: I think I'll have none.
*E hands more animal crackers to some of the other kids*
P: I decided I need 3 more. No, 4.
*E hands her 2 more animal crackers*
P: Is this 4?
E: Yes.

I'm sure P could have figured out that it wasn't 4 if she had thought about it (she obviously knows numbers). But she seemed content with E's answer and happily ate the extra animal crackers. I cracked up in the corner. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I'm in love! Thanks! And the sunbeam comments made me giggle too. I saw Erin last night and she told me about the sunbeams this past week. Thanks so much for helping out!

    ReplyDelete