family

family

Thursday, January 6, 2011

don't be fooled

Ohio's weather is kinda weird. It was pretty warm for most of October, November, and December. (Believe me, I'm not complaining.) We've definitely had chilly days with biting wind, but it's been pretty nice for the most part.

Last week, it got very warm for this time of year. We got back from Michigan, and the next 2 or so days (I think) were in the 50s and 60s. My favorite was when it rained and melted all the snow. :)

I think the hardest thing for me to get used to (again) is that the sun can be out but the temp is still below freezing. The other day, I noticed that the sun was bright on the back of our house and decided not to wear a heavy coat as I was taking Brian to work (that's another story...his car is out of commission again for now). Silly Amy. Even though the back doorway was nice and warm, it was definitely cold outside. Same thing happened when we went running yesterday. We started out at the back of the house (I guess I could mention that it's a southern exposure), and Brian had to warn me that it was going to be much colder in the shade. Oh boy - come summer, I will definitely not miss that bitter, cold wind. (It was bad enough that we had to turn and run a different direction to avoid it as much as possible.)

Moral of the story: Don't let the sun fool you.


P.S. It snowed again today. I hope it doesn't last long...

No comments:

Post a Comment